Kc200 snow detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kc200 snow detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kc200 snow detected
Kc200 snow detected
2021-02-09 09:22:39

Both my cameras are over-reacting to snow or heavy swirling visible mist in darkness. I'm trying to manage this by using sensitivity settings and turning off illumination and relying on my security lights, but repeated activations every few minutes makes their use during such weather impracticable. I can't  see any posts regarding this problem so wondering what others do about it. And for Kasa Technicians..... Can this kind of motion be ignored by software/firmware upgrade?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kc200 snow detected
2021-02-16 09:16:06

@Colincjr This is why one should always buy cams with PIR detection. To bad most cams do not offer this. I had cams that where activated 400-500 times over night by whatever (moon, clouds, stars).

TP-Link promised me unlimited free 2-days storage. Promise not kept!
Options
2021-02-16 09:48:47

@MikeIpad appreciate information. Major drawback then, especially for those who get snow! Hope I don't get intruders when I have to disable because of weather

Options
2021-02-16 10:09:02 - last edited 2021-02-16 10:33:00

Yepp, nothing more annoying than a pile of false-alarms. I kind of solved my problem by turning my cam (indoor) away from windows and where ever shadows might move along. Facing my door turned out to be most secure for that kind of cam, until I switched to a D-Link PIR cam, reacting only to bodyheat. What you might think about, as TP-Link now is quite expensive with its cloudstorage: Take a look at other manufacturers offering a PIR cam AND free cloudstorage. I would place a link, but do not know if TP-Link would like that^^

TP-Link promised me unlimited free 2-days storage. Promise not kept!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 3