KP115 Not Showing Energy Monitoring in Smartthings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-11 16:39:51
Model: KP100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hi i just bought this plugs since they have energy monitoring with the idea of make an automation to turn them off during the night if the connected appliance was not in use. For my surprise the integration with smartthings does not support energy monitoring and the unofficial integration that dis support EM was deprecated, i haven't found yet any other way either natively with Kasa or some other integration to achieve, can someone please help?.

Options
6 Reply
Re:KP115 Not Showing Energy Monitoring in Smartthings
2021-04-02 01:26:16

@parisvu I am running into the exact same problem. I can see the power and energy usage from within the TP-Link Kasa app, but not in Smartthings. My long term goal is to integrate them into Smartthings and Home Assistant, but one step at a time.

Options
2021-07-13 13:44:58 - last edited 2021-07-13 13:48:47

@parisvu I just got the same KP115 this month (7/21) and also cannot get the power data in smartthings (the Groovy IDE shows the device type as 'placeholder'). Not sure if this will be a blocker for use with my Sense home energy monitor integration.

Options
2021-07-13 21:22:33

@David-Eye Good luck with Smartthings seams that no one at TP Link cares to do a proper implementation. Regarding Sense their integration is just awesome and is directly between Sense and TP Link so you dont have to worry about Smartthings.

Options
2021-08-13 06:18:12

That's too bad they won't bother supporting this, since I have a bunch of Kasa switches and was considering getting this one. Another lost sale I guess.

Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives that will work with SmartThings for advanced automations like these? 

Options
2021-08-18 14:56:58

I still have been unable to integrate these plugs into Smartthings, but this seems like a Smartthings issue in part, and a TP-Link issue in part also. My integration for energy monitoring using the KP115 plugs in home assistant is working beautifully however.

Since I was able to get the plugs to report to HA, it seems like if someone took the time to create a handler for the plugs they would show up properly in ST.

I cannot recommend anything technically, but the plugs that Iris used to sell from Lowe's worked in my Smartthings instance before I moved them over to HA. I cannot recommend them because they aren't sold anymore except if you stumble across them on eBay or a similar site.

I can recommend HA, but be wary because its not for everyone, and you have to work to make it work properly, and if anything breaks it might not be simple. I suppose it depends on how family-proof your system is/ needs to be. I didn't like how guided ST is, but it is nice in its own way.

Options
2021-08-18 21:54:48

@MFuell2 

> I cannot recommend them because they aren't sold anymore except if you stumble across them on eBay or a similar site.

Do you have the specific model number, per chance? I'd be interested in picking them up on eBay if they're there (then again I'm biased, considering I'm an employee). Was it this specific item/model? ebay[.]com/itm/153960023294

$14 isn't bad for new old stock, considering it monitors energy usage (and the original price was way up there). Only issue though is that it's probably wifi (since it says "no hub required") and apparently their app doesn't have very good reviews on the original Lowe's site listing :( 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2530

Replies: 6

Related Articles