HS100 stuck on "Local only" attempts to perform firmware update failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-27 03:16:51 - last edited 2021-02-27 03:26:35
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Device is stuck on "Local only".  When I try to turn on remote control, it fails and says "Your device has no internet".

I have an internet connection on this wifi, so this is incorrect. 

I've attempted to perform a firmware update from 1.5.1 to 1.5.6 and the update always fails.  

All I get is this very unhelpful message:

"Oops!" some devices failed during firmware update.  Please try again later.

I've tried removing the device from Kasa and re-adding it and at that point it asked me if I wanted to do a firmware update through a different screen, but that update failed as well.  

I have used the device for years with Alexa and it stopped working a few months ago.  I finally realized today the problem is the device itself and not Alexa.  I can control the outlet via the Kasa app, but it doesn't work via Alexa, presumably because it is set to "Local only".

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS100 stuck on "Local only" attempts to perform firmware update failed-Solution
2021-02-27 03:26:26 - last edited 2021-02-27 03:26:35

Nevermind. I figured it out. My problem was that I had incorrectly configured my router's ARP binding and it was trying to assign another computer's IP address that was already in use.

This has resolved the firmware update problem and I can now control the device via Alexa as well.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:HS100 stuck on "Local only" attempts to perform firmware update failed-Solution
2021-02-27 03:26:26 - last edited 2021-02-27 03:26:35

Nevermind. I figured it out. My problem was that I had incorrectly configured my router's ARP binding and it was trying to assign another computer's IP address that was already in use.

This has resolved the firmware update problem and I can now control the device via Alexa as well.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 713

Replies: 1

Related Articles