HS100 Does not cut power off completely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-02 14:15:07 - last edited 2021-04-02 14:39:32
Model: HS100-KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Hello guys,

I recently purchased a set of HS100s for my 2 PCs. All configured as needed, firmware updated, and everything. When I turn off the switch, the pc fans keep rotating intermittently, like turning on and off fast. NO RELAY TICK. I measured the voltage output when the switch is off, and there is a constant 10VAC. Is that normal? Can anyone share some tips if this issue is fixable? 

Thanks a lot

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS100 Does not cut power off completely
2021-04-03 16:58:37

@AMIS The HS100 is just a relay contact on the line (hot) wire, it's either on or it's not.  It is possible the HS100 board is fried, but unlikely if it's both.  It might be a problem with your home's wiring such as the outlet is wired backwards (swapping neutral/line) and a ground leak.

Shutting off a PC's power, especially if it's running, is usually a bad idea.  Cutting power if the PC is already off doesn't save much.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 1