I submit an idea that I find interesting for plugs that are equipped with the consumption measurement function.
It would be interesting to be able to program the option so that the socket can be switched off automatically below a certain consumption.
- Wsd : Minimum operating power set by the user (Watt per hour)
- Wc: Measured power consumption (Watt)
- T : Duration of measurement (hour)
Logigram of the function:
- Wc AND T ≥ Wsd : Do nothing
- Wc AND T < to Wsd : Shutdown
This can save a little energy on the standby of some devices and conserve our planet a little better.
For example, PC monitors consume 3 to 5W when not in use. It is therefore useless to let this consumption continue in the background and preferable to cut the power supply as soon as possible.
Thank you and have a nice day;