Again, and again and again... M5 and M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-27 08:51:24 - last edited 2021-04-27 10:16:33
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210309 Rel. 36309

Hello TP-Link,

I really can't understand what is going on with the Deco devices.

Each 10 days or 1 month all my Deco devices loose connection with the main one.

The only way I have to deal with this problem is resetting the devices and reinstall them again.

I can't understand this kind of devices and issues on devices that even are wired connected to keep the network stable and with the same speed at each device.

Can anyone help me and tell me what is the secret to have this working correctly and not doing a reset and installation over and over again.

I had Deco's M5, and the same thing happen.

Now I have the M9 and it's the same.

with the network I'm sure everything is ok as if I connect a laptop or a smart tv in each cable I receive connection and network from the main device, but the Deco devices, simply stop working until a reset and reinstallation.

I do hope someone can help me.

I've tried with 802 on/off, change devices place and change the main one for other... the behavior is the same... after one month or so only the main is connected and all the other are offline.

At this point I have 4 M9 devices and 2 M5

Is there any issue with wired connections?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Again, and again and again... M5 and M9
2021-04-28 02:03:18

@PedroQuintas 

Hi,

Can I have a picture of your network diagram about the Deco system?

Would any Deco turn red when they are offline?

Since ‘only the main device is connected’ was mentioned twice, I suppose the main one is referred to the main Deco M9 plus?

Would you please log into the web UI http://tplinkdeco.net and save the system log to me;

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-04-28 09:57:37

@TP-Link,

First of all, thanks for your reply, as this is making me crazy.

Regarding your questions:

Q:Can I have a picture of your network diagram about the Deco system?

R: In attach (The wired ones are in different floors and as there are several walls and mirrows on the way, the wireless won't work.

Would any Deco turn red when they are offline?

R: Yes, all wired Deco's turn red (blinking).

Since ‘only the main device is connected’ was mentioned twice, I suppose the main one is referred to the main Deco M9 plus?

R: Correct, and that one keeps working smoothly. The wireless devices that somehow are in range, stay green and working. All wired die.

Would you please log into the web UI http://tplinkdeco.net and save the system log to me;

R: Yesterday, I saw a lot of error, but now and after reset all devices and configure them again, the log is "clean" from critical errors and have only information from 10:30 today above. Instead of it I've just captured the log file. How can I send it to you? PM or e-mail?

PS: Could it be to much logs on the main device? It's weird as the wireless ones (at least this time) stayed working... The others everything was down, and only the Main one always stayed working. This is a "normal" situation, with my environment.

Options
2021-05-10 07:19:14

@PedroQuintas 

Hello again,

Once more everyone of my Deco's are with a blinking red, and the master one is working "properly".

This time I've took the logs.

Can you please check and help me to solve it once and for all?

The one that is working is wireless and should be connected to the "Piso 1 Corredor" which is the nearest one.

File:
log-2021-05-10.logDownload
Options
2021-05-10 23:20:49
Can you please give me some help??? I can't put all working again... It seems I have once more to reset everything. Can't believe this is what I have to live with... every 15 days a full reset and a new reconfiguration to all devices.
Options
2021-05-11 01:10:35 - last edited 2021-05-11 01:30:33

@PedroQuintas 

Thanks a lot for your detailed information and sorry for the delay.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box.

By the way, is there any Ethernet switch connected behind the main Deco?--if yes, May I know the model number of the switch?

If not a factory reset, could a restart of the satellite Deco units restore the connection?

Thank you again.

Options