Deco iPhone connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-29 08:54:40 - last edited 2021-04-30 10:31:04
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

I live in Germany and have tried a few mesh wifi systems, due to the thickness of the walls here they have all failed to provide reliable wifi to the furthest rooms in my home. Deco was the first one to remain connected to the main router and give adequate coverage. 

We have a dozen or so products connected to our wifi ranging from MacBooks to chromecasts. The issue only occurs on my iPhone. While trying to connect to the wifi, if i simply click on my wifi network in settings it will redirect me to a pop up "captive.apple" and give me an error message "could not connect to this network". I have to click on the additional details in settings and connect from that menu. This would be fine if it stayed connected, however through the night it always disconnects. Coming home doesn't automatically connect either. Each time i have to manually go into my settings, select the additional options in my network and connect that way. It's quite frustrating as the signal is perfect. 

I have tried forgetting the network, changing password and network name, checked firmware updates, and re-downloaded the app. I've also scoured the internet only to find similar issues but none mentioning the redirection to the "connect.apple" page.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco iPhone connectivity issues-Solution
2021-04-30 06:00:11 - last edited 2021-04-30 10:31:04

@Macledicious 

Hi, maybe you could try to go to settings-general-reset-reset network settings; It restarts your phone but after that, you could try to connect to the Deco again;

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco iPhone connectivity issues
2021-04-29 13:09:43

@Macledicious 

You can find a lot of useful information on that topic if you Google this:

what is captive.apple.com login

Options
2021-04-29 21:24:41

@Alexandre. I just spent about an hour looking things up and trying them to no avail. I noticed that other iphones on the network have different settings than mine. The only thing i know is that my phone thinks my home network is public.

Options
Re:Deco iPhone connectivity issues-Solution
2021-04-30 06:00:11 - last edited 2021-04-30 10:31:04

@Macledicious 

Hi, maybe you could try to go to settings-general-reset-reset network settings; It restarts your phone but after that, you could try to connect to the Deco again;

Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-04-30 10:21:42

@TP-Link this seems to have solved the issue, Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3106

Replies: 4

Related Articles