Is the local API back working with Home Assistant?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is the local API back working with Home Assistant?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Is the local API back working with Home Assistant?
2021-10-18 12:26:46 - last edited 2021-10-18 12:27:03

@bdraco This would be a pleasant surprise. The HASS TP-Link Kasa Smart integration page does not list the EP10s. Perhaps the documentation needs to be updated.

Personally, I'll wait to hear someone has had success using HASS w/ an EP10 before buying anything.

Options
Re:Is the local API back working with Home Assistant?
2021-10-18 13:21:22

@JasonB190 A more fundamental question is how long they will work?  TP Link has been very clear they intend to remove their local API.  You could perhaps use them and never update your firmware but that seems like a short term approach and might prevent you from adding new kasa devices.

If they do remove their API they might enable a cloud based API which could work through HA and others but I have no interest in that approach.

Personally I have no intention of buying any more kasa devices until they reverse that decision, in fact after this poor decision I'll hold off until they announce formal support of a local API.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options