Deco M5 WiFi Calling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 WiFi Calling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 WiFi Calling
Deco M5 WiFi Calling
2021-06-22 19:57:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel 68223

I have had the Deco M5's for a while but have now moved to an area with poor 4G coverage indoors. 

Throughout the life of purchase I have never been able to get WiFi calling working on any of the mobile phones we've had. Reading through TP-Links documentation doesn't provide any useful guidance above what has already been completed. 

We are purely an iPhone household, currently on Vodafone but we've had Three and o2 in the past. 

The Deco is in Router mode as we have FTTP and the Deco is connected to the ONT.

Port Forwarding is setup for Port 500 and 4500 following the instructions already available but only for 1 iPhone as you can only port forward for one device which has a reserved address. SIP ALG is disabled.

WiFi Calling is turned on but will not work on either iPhone (having to switch address reservation).

My issues are therefore:

- I can't get WiFi calling to work but have setup the port forwarding

- There doesn't seem to be a way to sort out WiFi calling for households with multiple iPhones.

I'm not holding out any hopes but if someone has any advice before I switch to a different Mesh system would be appreciated.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco M5 WiFi Calling
2021-06-22 20:57:46 - last edited 2021-06-22 20:58:47

@dylanb It's not helpful but I couldn't get it to work either so you're not alone. Searching the forums seems like it's just not support which is odd given my old TP Link router works perfectly. 

Options
2021-06-23 06:39:49

@dylanb  @StuartHinde 

Hi, sorry to find that you both encounter an issue with the Wi-Fi calling on the Deco network. Can you please confirm with your ISP first if they have provided you with Wi-Fi calling service, and please also ensure the Phone has Wi-Fi calling option available in the settings.

Most importantly and if that is possible, we hope you could connect to another router or network (not the Deco network) to confirm if you can get the Wi-Fi calling working on the phone.

BTW, try with an Android phone if that is also possible.

Options
2021-06-23 06:52:15

@TP-Link 

WiFi calling works perfectly on a network created by a VR900. Doesn't work at all on one created by the X20-DSL. 

No Android phone to test with but two iPhones and their associated iPads and Apple watches have the issue.

Options
2021-06-25 05:48:20 - last edited 2021-06-25 05:48:58

@StuartHinde 

Hello, once you configured the Deco X20-DSL to work with the existing modem/router, please check the troubleshooting suggestions if the Wi-Fi calling is not working when connected to the Deco network, such as disabling the SIP ALG:

How to Disable SIP ALG on Deco?

Options
2021-06-30 20:55:23

@TP-Link 

There is no setting that my ISP needs to turn on, but I still have the same issues. 

- SIP ALG is disabled

- I have 2x iPhones on different networks and cannot Port Forward them both

- WiFi calling doesn't work for the Vodafone iPhone that is setup correctly. 

Options
2021-07-01 03:17:54

@dylanb 

Hello, thanks for the update. Can we confirm again what does this mean by "I have 2x iPhones on different networks and cannot Port Forward them both"? Are there different Deco networks in the house, or you connect the iPhones to different networks for testing.

Can we also have the detailed network layout that how are the Deco nodes and modem connected? You can simply draw a picture or show it as below:

ISP modem----main Deco M5)))((( 1st satellite Deco M5

((( 2nd satellite Deco M5

BTW, who is your ISP? Is there a wireless network on the ISP modem? If yes, what if you enable it, will you be able to use Wi-Fi calling on the iPhones?

Options
2021-07-01 12:57:41

Hi @TP-Link 

We have 2x iPhones in the house (both are currently on Vodafone), whilst we have others which visit who are on EE / o2 / Three etc.

Following the instructions available here - it is not possible to reserve addresses for both iPhones (and any others which connect to our network) and assign it to the Port Forwarding 500 / 4500. The setup is currently enabled on 1x iPhone (WiFi Calling is on, IP address is reserved and port forwarding is completed) and it doesn't work.

Our ISP is BT with their FTTP service, they do not provide a modem but there is an ONT within the house.

• Openreach ONT -> Deco M5 (Router Mode, PPPoE)
    • Deco M5 (Satellite)
    • Deco M5 (Satellite)
    • Deco E3 (Satellite)
    • Deco M3W (Satellite)

None of the Satellites are ethernet backhaul, they are all wireless.

If I plug in the BT Hub into the ONT and connect the iPhones to the BT network then WiFi calling does work.

Options
2021-07-02 06:44:31

@dylanb 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1740

Replies: 8

Related Articles