RE650 Keeps Disconnecting From Internet Every 24 hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-07 01:56:34 - last edited 2021-07-07 02:01:37
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I just received my RE650 range extender and set it up with my home network via the iOS Tether app. Everything was working fine, and I had multiple devices on the 5ghz network getting full 200+ mbps speed. 

About 24 hours after setup, I wake up in the morning and try to access the internet on my PC, however it says "no internet connection", but have full extender signal strength. I unplug the extender, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in. Boom, internet is back and works perfectly. I thought it was a 1 time hiccup.

However, 24 hours later, the exact same thing happens...I'm beginning to sense a pattern. It seems once a day the RE650 stops forwarding the internet until I unplug and plug back in again. I tried searching for this exact issue but was unable to find a solution. I'm wonding if I got a bad device and need to return for a refund. 

Has this happened to anyone and know of a fix before I return the device? Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE650 Keeps Disconnecting From Internet Every 24 hours
2021-07-12 06:24:16

@dresoccer4 Hello, 

Please confirm your RE650 V1 is the on the latest firmware, what is the build number of your Range extender? 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re650/v1/#Firmware

May I know the issue is with the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, how about the WiFi Leds on RE650 when issue occurs? 

> If the WiFi Led(s) goes off when issue occurs, please locate RE closer to router and change a different WiFi channel of 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz on router and see if that helps with the issue.

> If RE LEDs look normal when issue happen, please log in to Range extender's web page , turn on RE's DHCP and set up a static IP address for RE as FAQ below and see if that help with unstable issue:  https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2965/

What is the model of the main router? Do you have a stable WIFi connection from the main router at RE's location? Thank you. 

Options