Votes

Kasa app geofencing for use with Cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-13 11:53:46 - last edited 2022-03-31 08:39:08

Hi Guys.

I am wondering when geofencing will be added? Your website says it will be available in 2020.

this is a key feature for many smart homes now and I am actively considering changing my camera over to one that supports this feature.

Thankyou for your time.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa app geofencing for use with Cameras
2021-07-15 07:02:42 - last edited 2022-03-31 08:39:08

I've time to research. Looks like Arlo supports multi-device geo fencing. I prefer to minimise the number of smart home apps on my phone which is what triggered the initial question. But then switching to Arlo will remove my need for IFTTT. So much opportunity missed to integrate presence detection into stuff like the app and even the mesh system. With the constant loss of stuff like smart things and the gouging on IFTTT you really need to pick up the baton on these sorts of features if you wish to compete.

Options
Re:Kasa app geofencing for use with Cameras
2022-01-02 18:25:58 - last edited 2022-03-31 08:39:08

@ScreenNamexhdhe thanks for the tip about Arlo. I just got a Eufy 2k indoor cam and it also has geofencing. I'm frustrated that Kasa still does not.

For the past couple of years it seems like Kasa's app development has focused on adding support for their newest gadgets and fixing (some) bugs, rather than adding useful features. 

Maybe they figure if you really want or need things like geofencing you will add their products to a smart home setup like Alexa or Google assistant. 

The only thing keeping me from entirely switching to Eufy is that they don't make smart plugs or switches, so if you want anything like smart actions you basically have to use Alexa etc. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2239

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.