Deco assistant diagnostics

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-19 21:48:55
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

On running diagnostics, I get " Risk of ARP spoofing".

I also got "unencrypted wifi", which then went away when I ran it again.

What's going on? Should I be worried?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco assistant diagnostics
2021-07-20 02:05:15 - last edited 2021-07-21 03:03:00

@PeteClen 

Hi, was it the first time that you have got this notice?

Did you have any firewall utility, like Circle or Raspberry Pi DNS server installed in the network?

If it only appeared once, I suggest you could keep monitoring the network and if the same notice repeated again, please go to Deco APP>Overview>settings on the top left>help>contact US>suggestion and add system APP logs.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-07-20 15:47:19

@TP-Link 

Thanks for the reply. I first got the message last week (I don't run diagnostics regularly, so may have been a problem for longer). Has been there each day since.

I can't find "suggestion" or "APP log" under help

Options
2021-07-21 03:08:48

@PeteClen 

Sorry. It is under Deco APP>Overview>settings on the top left>help>contact us>suggestion and add system APP logs.

As for the " Risk of ARP spoofing", it might indicate there are two MAC addresses that use the same IP address;

So you could check whether there are any suspicious devices;

Options
2021-07-21 12:24:41

@TP-Link 

Log sent.

I have three SONOS devices with apparently the same IP address when I run the "arp -a" command. They all show with correct IP addresses in Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 4

Related Articles