Can other roommates activate Kasa smart plugs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-08 03:02:00 - last edited 2021-09-08 07:45:32
Model: AP500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Greetings, Tp link hive mind,

I recently purchased some Kasa smart plugs, and these things are AMAZING! After learning that I couldn't set them up on Google Home right away, I'm now using the Kasa app to operate them (but I believe you can do that).

Now, I originally bought them so that my roommate/the three of us could control an outdoor light that was plugged indoors (our outdoor outlet on our patio is currently messed up), but these things are so cool that I'm going to buy a few plugs for power strips around the house so that they're easy to turn off (and maybe even some smart bulbs).

My concern is, if I set up the plugs, will they (my roommates) be able to turn them on/off using Google Home/Assistant, or will I have to do it from my end/my own app? Is there any way, if that's the case, that I can set up the outlets in my room so that no one else can turn them on or off?

life is a Gift
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 0