Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router
Router
2021-10-23 08:36:23

Hi, I have an ax6000 router I want to make the ip reservation in the dhcp at the moment I put the connected device in the dhcp reservation of the router and I want to change the ip, I have to enter an ip address within the range or outside the range

Options
10 Reply
Re:Router
2021-11-10 08:53:31

@Empire80 

Hello, the IP address you want to reserve for a specific device must be in the IP Address Pool, you can't set one outside the pool. Go through this setup guide to configure it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1554/

Options
2021-11-10 09:09:44

@Kevin_Z 

thanks for the reply, but it's okay even if you configure a port forwarding you must always put it in the range of the ip pools, instead if you set the static ip on the device instead of on the router through the reservation you must always put in the ip address range? even if you use a port forwarding should be put in the range of ip of the dhcp pool?

Options
2021-11-11 08:07:18

@Empire80 

If I understand your inquiry correctly, what you want to know is if you can set a static IP address for a local device, and want to use an IP address that is outside the IP Address Pool of the router? If that is the case, you can achieve that by manually setting a static IP address on the local device itself instead of reserving an address for it on the router.

Options
2021-11-11 08:18:47

@Kevin_Z 

i know how to set it up, but i also wanted to know when configuring port forwarding and i assign ip in dhcp, i wanted to know if i always put in the pool of ip addresses or outside even when using port forwarding? 

Options
2021-11-11 08:21:41

@Kevin_Z 

this was my question ie if you use a port forwarding ip address that I assign to the device in the local network by reserving the ip addresses, does the ip have to be outside the pool or inside when using port forwarding?

Options
2021-11-12 06:56:22

@Empire80 

No matter you do port forwarding for that reserved IP address or not, it must be in the IP Address Pool if you configure the Address Reservation for it.

Options
2021-11-12 07:01:34
thanks for the answer, so if I make the dhcp ip reservation and I have port forwarding the ip must always be inside the dhcp pool, instead if I put static ip from the device and no from the dhcp through the reservation you must always put an address ip always inside the dhcp pool or you can freely choose to put it out of the pool
Options
2021-11-16 18:46:00
hi, I wanted to know when I configure a port forwarding the firewall makes sense to be Deactivated or it is better to stay active, I know what the firewall is pk I had thought if port forwarding has a function that says the firewall must be active to work or Deactivated
Options
2021-12-10 22:38:10
hi kevin, when i configure the router in pppoe it tells me username and password i put those of my isp and it works, but even if i try to enter username and password at random the same works, how come putting username and password at random works i a doubt
Options
2021-12-13 03:02:05

@Empire80 

Hello Empire, I saw you created another thread also, I just replied it:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/513954

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 10

Related Articles