Votes

[Feature suggestion] Allow setting Home and Away detection modes via Smart Actions

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Tapo C210: Home/Away Mode Shortcut/Automation Support. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

[Feature suggestion] Allow setting Home and Away detection modes via Smart Actions

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Tapo C210: Home/Away Mode Shortcut/Automation Support. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-13 09:51:09 - last edited 2024-01-17 03:44:25
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I recently got a C100 and I'm waiting on a C310. So far the C100 works well, and I really appreciate the ability to set Home and Away modes for detection, to avoid being bombarded by notifications when I'm around.

However, at this stage this setting cannot be used with the Tapo app's own Smart Actions, as the list of available tasks is simply empty (the camera doesn't show up as a recognized device, even though it works perfectly in the main part of the app):

It would be very useful if TP-Link updated the Tapo app so that we could set the current status to Home or Away via one of those automations. It would make it possible to trigger them at specific times within the app itself, which would be very handy for those with a daily routine of leaving the house and coming back at the same time.

Further, on iOS it would make the app immensely more useful because it already allows triggering actions from the system-wide Shortcuts app:

If the feature were added, we could create two simple actions in the Tapo app (Home => set Home; Away => set Away), and then use Apple Shortcuts' automation to run that depending on the phone's own status (e.g. when leaving or entering a geolocated place, when connecting to the car stereo, etc.).

I use this system with another similar smart home app I've had for years (TuyaSmart), and it's incredibly useful.

All TP-Link needs to do is allow us to set Home and Away as Smart Actions within the Tapo App. The rest is already in place. :-)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 390

Replies: 0