Why doesn’t my KC115 overwrite SD card?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-06 14:34:30
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.3.9

I noticed my camera stopped recording for sometime today. I still get notifications about motion detection, but when I went to check the video, all I could see is the thumbnail. Since the remaining space on my SD card is only 200+ KB, I formatted the SD card, and now it's recording again... I thought it's supposed to overwrite old videos automatically. Anyone know why?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Why doesn’t my KC115 overwrite SD card?
2021-12-08 02:54:06

Hello @JessieY 

Kasa Camera with SD card feature will overwrite from the oldest recording automatically after enabled 24/7 recording.   Please check out QA here: 

Q6.9: If the Micro SD card is full of recordings, will the newly recorded videos automatically overwrite the old ones?

• Please ensure kasa camera and Kasa app are updated the latest version.

For' all I could see is the thumbnail' may I know what happened when you tap the thumbnail to access video clips? Please share photo of it when if this happen again, thank you.

Some SD card issue are caused by fake SD card, you may also test SD card with H2testw mentioned in the guide here and share a photo.  

What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

Options
Re:Why doesn’t my KC115 overwrite SD card?
2022-01-30 23:38:42 - last edited 2022-01-30 23:39:18

@Solla-topee I have this problem too although I cannot format the sd cards. I bought three Kingston canvas 64 gb from Amazon and put in three new kc115's. They worked until they were full and then I got other errors or tome parameter not valid. All three no longer record or playback although I can sometimes see thumbnails. Tried reformatting in camera via app but all failed. Tried formatting on win 10 pc but said corrupted and needed formatting. Did that but camera not recognising and unable to formatt. All three cameras not recording anything. 

Solla-topee wrote

Hello @JessieY 

Kasa Camera with SD card feature will overwrite from the oldest recording automatically after enabled 24/7 recording.   Please check out QA here: 

Q6.9: If the Micro SD card is full of recordings, will the newly recorded videos automatically overwrite the old ones?

• Please ensure kasa camera and Kasa app are updated the latest version.

For' all I could see is the thumbnail' may I know what happened when you tap the thumbnail to access video clips? Please share photo of it when if this happen again, thank you.

Some SD card issue are caused by fake SD card, you may also test SD card with H2testw mentioned in the guide here and share a photo.  

What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1649

Replies: 2