Can't work out how to fix after router swap

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-19 15:53:57
Model: KP105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi folks,

I'm guessing that this is a quick fix and that I'm being dim...

We have this year set up our home with about 15 Kasa smart plugs and they have been brilliant!

However, this morning I had to change our main router and since then most of the smart plugs are showing offline. I'm guessing that these are the ones that were set up connecting directly to the main router wifi rather than one of our remote access points.

Anyway, I can't see what to do to get the offline ones re-connected I've powered them on and off, removed (the ones I can get at) from the wall and left them for a while - but no joy.

I'm hoping that someone must have been through re-authorisng plugs on the wifi?

All answers really gratefully received

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't work out how to fix after router swap
2021-12-23 19:26:22

@JokerUK If you kept the same SSID and password you shouldn't need to do anything but a power cycle of the kasa devices.  If they're not blinking amber (or otherwise showing offline for wifi - check your router status) they've connected to wifi so don't reset them, it's a router settings / permission / firewall problem.  Shouldn't matter whether they connect to the APs or main router, but if there's any doubt shut down the APs and try to power cycle all of them again.  You don't actually control which AP a kasa devices uses, and it's not always the closest/loudest one.

If you changed the SSID or pw either you need to factory reset each and add it back to your wifi network and kasa account using the kasa app.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 1