Help with Patrol mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help with Patrol mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help with Patrol mode
Help with Patrol mode
2021-12-20 05:20:16
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.11

Looking for advice for setting Patrol mode. I have 4 viewpoints setup, and within those viewpoints I set up a single activity zone (within each).

One thing I notice is that whilst on Patrol - with motion detection turned on - the camera will lock onto a particular viewpoint if it detects motion ANYWHERE in the viewpoint (even if within the activity zone there is no motion) and it will not then move on to the other viewpoints. Is there a way around this?

My particular problem is - I have 1x camera set up in my home and I want it to patrol across 4 viewpoints. ONE of those viewpoints however is a fish pond - which ALWAYS has motion - so as soon as my camera hits this viewpoint - it stays. I tried setting an activity zone within this viewpoint that has no motion (the wall) - this solves for the issue of the camera not recording all day long - but now I have this problem of it sticking to that viewpoint and just chasing fish around! 

Any help much appreciated!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help with Patrol mode
2021-12-30 13:17:29 - last edited 2021-12-30 13:49:14

Hello @The_walrus 

Thank you for your feedback. 

I will check with our team if it 's usual that camera stops Patrol between the View points after a motion being detected.

Can you help provide some details here to isolate the issue, thank you

• Can you control the device locally (same network) from the Kasa app
  • Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App

If not, try to factory reset camera and set it up with router. 

• Mac address of camera, please share via private message

And I would like to follow up your case through email to investigate further, please check your email. 

Options
2022-01-03 06:08:49

@Solla-topee Hello, yes I can control remotely and locally. As for MAC address will PM accordingly.

Options
2022-01-16 06:11:55

Hi @The_walrus 

Thank you, I update the info you shared in the case note.  if there is any update, feel free to let us know on your support email TKID211232731.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3548

Replies: 3