HS105 completely useless after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 01:43:03
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.9

I moved house 7 months ago and had the same internet provider and network name in my new house. I switched providers and am now on a fiber network, but my HS105 continued working as scheduled (it operates my plant lights from sun up to sundown), so I didn't think to move them to the new network. After a brief, maybe 10 second power outage today, my plug is no longer running on its programmed schedule, which I noticed when the plant lights hadn't turned off more than an hour after sundown. I've now spent the past hour trying to get it configured, and it's failed at multiple points, usually at the "naming" stage. I've added it successfully at least thrice, where it has then prompted a firmware update that fails and then says it can't find the plug even though I'm sitting a foot away from it, and the blue connection light is steady. I've tried resetting the plug, resetting my network, and programming the plug from different rooms (sitting a foot away from it every time), all to no avail. The sunroom outlet that I've mainly tried on as that's where I want the plug to be is grounded. The plug is currently showing the steady blue light, and yet Kasa shows it as undetectable. Is there any fix for this, or is this plug just trash now? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS105 completely useless after power outage
2022-01-02 01:49:22
To add to this, in the 5 minutes since I posted, the plug has shown as reachable in Kasa, but when I try to do anything to it (check the schedule, add to the schedule since apparently it didn't save the schedule before, check for a firmware update), it's suddenly unreachable again.
Options
Re:HS105 completely useless after power outage
2022-01-04 00:58:06 - last edited 2022-01-04 01:04:12

@hcraytor You're definitely stuck.  The power hit caused it to restart and lose the current time so the schedules couldn't run until it reacquired the correct time from the internet.  Resetting it to connect to the new wifi will have deleted the schedules.

If you haven't, try restarting your network.  If you have a mesh, shut down all APs but the main router and set it up next to the router.  There are occasionally router settings and/or optimizations that mess up the devices - if you have an old router to use as a separate SSID / 2.4GHz AP you may have more luck.

Check your router wifi client status - if the device shows as connected to your wifi, don't reset it anymore - leave it be.  Try restarting your router, then the bulb, then the app in that order (wait a few minutes before each step).

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 2

Related Articles