Votes

TP desperate market need reliable IR Floodlights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-27 17:33:38 - last edited 2022-10-25 08:53:21

Hi TP

One happy camper calling. I am setting up my home outdoor surveillance - 6 cams from C110, C200 and C310

its all going well with a few hiccups report on the camera threads

People should be aware that there is a natural learning curve but also that installation of cameras is trial and error and needs patience to get the best result

OK

Now here s a desperate need for the community which Im sure that TP could step in and fill with all th essential QC and sound design for reliability

Its the IR floodlight market

As anyone will find  - there 99% unreliable rubbish on the market and its all due to cheap charlie design and cost cutting for more profit.  The result is a totally unsatisfactory market cover.  You only need to trawl Amazon customer ratings to see that generally its barely 50% success ratings - and these ratings are suspiciously fake.

Although the inbuilt ir light on Tapo are good for narrow beam 30deg 5m  its limited when you want to illuminate your back yard say - 10m 120deg

There are some new 3W power chips available now much better than the old 0.3W little LEDs  ( which need a large array of 96 leds)  and then these are notoriously unreliable and short lived - cos they are over driven.

Please TP see if you cant supply us with floodlights to match the Tapo range - I am certain you will be flooded with orders - after all night vision is part of the security need

obtw make sure you include a proper dawn/dusk switch and 12 supply

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 151

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.