How to delete devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to delete devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
How to delete devices
How to delete devices
2022-03-01 11:29:59
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi I use my deco guest for my customers. Now I need to blacklist one of the clients. When I click the "+" I get a list of all the devices that have connected to the guest account. Is there anyway to clear all this list who connected to the guest account. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:How to delete devices
2022-03-01 13:04:19 - last edited 2022-03-01 13:04:56

@levlim Nope, it is requested since January 2018, no any action from @TP-Link 

They will say "will pass the information to the R&D" and don't expect any action from their side with the simple "Delete" button.

It takes them years to implement something simple such this. They are just flooding the market with prototype, not ready for customer products.

Check the topic here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/103922

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
2022-03-01 15:12:18 - last edited 2022-03-01 15:37:25

levlim wrote

Hi I use my deco guest for my customers. Now I need to blacklist one of the clients. When I click the "+" I get a list of all the devices that have connected to the guest account. Is there anyway to clear all this list who connected to the guest account. 

@levlim 

Are you using iPhone Deco app? On my Android Deco app I do not have the "+" to see list of devices connected, it is only used to add Decos and IoT devices.

On Android Deco app I am using, there is no Offline devices list for Guest network, only for Main network. When I connect smartphone to Guest network, it appears there as active, when it is disconnected it just dissapears completely.

When same smartphone connects to Main network, it is shown as Active and when it disconnects, it is in Offline list. I have over 20 offline devices under Main network.

If number of offline devices is not too large, you can delete them from that list one by one. This is what I have in Android app:

I can also blacklist any currently active device on Guest Network.

Options
2022-03-02 08:25:13

@Alexandre. Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Hi levlim, currently, There is also a plan to add the option to delete multiple devices together on the APP.

Options
2022-03-02 14:23:45

@David-TP Please substantiate what "plan" means as time?

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
2022-03-02 15:19:13

@levlim 

I am thinking you are allowing guests connect to your Deco Main Network, based on what you described. If this is the case, the fix is to let your guests connect to Guest Network instead.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 5

Related Articles