EC70 Camera - Spinning forever with 300 MB speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-08 14:41:33
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I've tried resetting the camera numerous times, and moving it 3 feet from my Orbi Mesh network satellite unit with tested speeds from my computer located next to the camera of 250mb upload and 350 mb download speeds with a ping to the ATT server of 4 ms.  I've logged cases multiple times with only partial responses from Kasa support with the continuous passing of the monkey back to me to respond to the case they haven't fully responded to.  Was this to show statistically they closed the case to look better when their support underwhelmed their customer?  I'm shipping back the camera today as a result of a poor product and support.   

Options
1 Reply
Re:EC70 Camera - Spinning forever with 300 MB speeds
2022-04-11 02:51:32 - last edited 2022-04-11 02:53:56

@EdDude  Sorry to hear about the experience with the support, we will try our best to help.

For kasa camera with SD card functionality, activity clips will show up in Kasa APP> below Live view page> 24/7 Recording page, please check if you are able to see video clips there? (note that APP> ' Activity'  part is for Cloud videos activity only which requires kasa care, and 24/7 shows the video clips saved into SD card )

If you can't access the clips in 24/7 recording, please confirm camera firmware and app are both up to date.

• Try changing router DNS to 8.8.8.8, save the setting and reboot router
  • Check if modem or router firewall log and see if any tp-link domain or request sent from camera has been blocked 

If still the same, can you share a photo of the spinning over page and share the MAC address of the camera by private message?

To better assist with your case, we would like to create another email to help with the concern, please check your inbox for TKID220410243

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 1