TP-link smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-link smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-link smart plug
TP-link smart plug
2022-05-05 12:09:04

I put all my Kasa devices (all smart plugs) on my guest network for security. For Alexa, this worked well. Response time was instant. But I have since moved away from Amazon and now I am using Shortcut triggers via Siri and, the response for these smart plugs is very slow. 3-7 seconds long before a smart plug goes on or off. I am not eager to spend the hundreds to replace these with HomeKit plugs which, I am not sure would speed it up all that much anyway. If at all.
I am beginning to think it is more my network segregation that might be slowing these down. But I am reluctant to put them back on my main home network.
Does anyone know the position or quality of security for these USA designed but Chinese manufactured TP-link devices compared to pure HomeKit devices? Yes, I know, TP-makes these for HomeKit too (sold only at Target or BB) but, again, cost to replace is high and, not sure if that is the issue anyway… I do have some HomeKit devices like a lock, etc. and, they vary in speed with Siri. Faster but, not all that much. The speed for those with Alexa was also slower, but not by much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 0

Related Articles