New Router Has Orange Internet Light, Firmware "Unable To Update"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-05 15:12:47 - last edited 2022-05-09 05:57:14
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200326 rel.63489(5553)

I bought a new AX1800 and tried hooking it into my home router. My previous TP-Link router works fine, but this new one cannot connect to the internet. The power, 2.4g, and 5g LEDs are all solid green, but the internet LED is orange. All the addresses are shown as 0.0.0.0. Here are the things I've tried to fix it so far: 

• Turn the router off and on again
  • Clone the current device MAC address
  • Update the firmware manually (none of the available updates will work, they all say "unable to update" and don't get past 0%)
  • Using a static IP address
  • Reset the router to factory settings

I can't think of anything else it could be except for a defect that I can't fix myself. Unfortunately, I missed the return window (I didn't get around to testing it until a few days ago even though I bought it in March). Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New Router Has Orange Internet Light, Firmware "Unable To Update"-Solution
2022-05-07 16:15:19 - last edited 2022-05-09 05:57:14

@Kevin_Z I figured out it was a problem with my modem after all. Thank you for your suggestion!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:New Router Has Orange Internet Light, Firmware "Unable To Update"
2022-05-06 09:50:39

Hello @EricRS 

Can I know who is your ISP? Do you still have internet access when connecting the old TP-Link router to the network? If yes, please try to clone the MAC address of the old TP-Link router to the AX1800, then confirm if the AX1800 can connect to the internet. Below is the guide you can refer to:

How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router? (Situation 2)

You can also follow the troubleshooting guide below to check if any helps:

What should I do if I cannot access the internet through Wi-Fi router?

Options
Re:New Router Has Orange Internet Light, Firmware "Unable To Update"-Solution
2022-05-07 16:15:19 - last edited 2022-05-09 05:57:14

@Kevin_Z I figured out it was a problem with my modem after all. Thank you for your suggestion!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 2

Related Articles