Votes

LED strip controller sold separately from the strip

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-08 14:54:01
Model: Tapo L920-5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just bought a Tapo L920-5, I cut it to length and now have around 3 metres of LED strips left. I love the Tapo app and would like to have ALL of my smart devices in there so I can ditch the Alexa app.

However, if I want to use the other 3 metres of LED's, I only have the option to either connect it to my existing strip (the other 2 metres), or buy a sh*tty aftermarket LED controller, where it wouldn't be controlled by the Tapo app.

I think it should be a fairly straightforward request to have the controllers sold separately, as buying an additional 5 metres just for another controller is wasteful...

Options
2 Reply
Re:LED strip controller sold separately from the strip
2022-05-09 07:04:51

@jordan.wills 

Originally I also thought the other part of the Led strip will work after you cut the power strip, but that does not seem to be the case, it's sad to know that the part does not have the controller will not work any more once being cut from the power strip,  check FAQ here

Q4. Can I cut the excess length of the light strip? But once it was cut, it can not be re-attached.

Options
Re:LED strip controller sold separately from the strip
2022-06-08 12:44:25

@jordan.wills It is possible to use the rest of the strip if you have some soldering skills and a spare controller.The problem is that normal peoples cant do that so company will not sale spare controllers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 394

Replies: 2

Voters 1