Loses wifi connection on WiFi6 spectrum router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-01 02:54:11
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I'm using 4 HS100 smart plugs in my house. I had a Netgear nighthawk 5G router that they were connected to, and had no issues the entire time I used the router. I just swapped to my spectrum router which is WiFi6, and now they either don't respond at all, or I open the kasa app and it takes about a minute for them to come up in the app and get control over them. Are these devices not WiFi6 compatible? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Loses wifi connection on WiFi6 spectrum router
2022-07-04 01:11:11 - last edited 2022-07-04 01:15:41

Hello  @Shaydz 

• Kasa smart plugs are Wifi 5 devices and need to connect to  802.11n 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network.Wifi 6 is backward compatible with Wi-Fi 5 so Kasa smart device should be able to connect to Wi-Fi network without problem. 

If the kasa device does not respond or responds slow when connected to new router,  you could check some settings on the router

If still the same, can you help provide information here 

- Model of  router & Router Firmware: 
- Model & hardware version of kasa device .e.g HS105 US V2 MAC XXX
- Mac address of the kasa devices  (please share MAC  in email or sent by private message)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 1