Tapo Bulb time zone settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-04 16:05:45

Dumb question but I have doubt.....I have some Tapo (L510E) light programmed for turning on at 9:00 pm and off at 6:00 am; I live in Italy and will be traveiing in a different time zone (- 6 UTC) country in the next few days.

When I get to the new country I will change my iphone time settings according to the new time; my question is....shall I adapt the programming hours, or will it do it automatically?

I mean shall I reprogram all the light to auto turn on at 3:00 pm and off at midnight or the bulbs will pick up the time for the location they are and just behave normally?

Thanks!

F.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo Bulb time zone settings
2022-07-04 18:56:20
I think you will have to edit your time zone settings according to your preference. This way you will not get confused as to which programming hours will take effect.
Options
Re:Tapo Bulb time zone settings
2022-07-05 09:17:27 - last edited 2022-07-05 09:19:50

@zest Thanks for the reply!

I did some testing and found out how it works.....basically I changed my phone time to a random UTC - something.....the app notices it and a note comes out near the time saying "turning on at 8:00 pm (UTC + 2 ---> my local time)".

If I reset the phone clock to the local time the note goes away; basically it works on the local time (where the bulb is), no matter what your phone time is.

If you are on a different time zone with the phone set differently it will just warn you that your phone and bulb are ona different time and that the bulb will follow its local time programming.

F.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1072

Replies: 2