Votes

Kasa Smart Motion Switch - manual override?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-16 15:13:15 - last edited 2023-02-01 06:55:11
Model: ES20M   KS220M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I have this switch in my garage and as it will work 90% of the time but when I am working out of sight of the sensor in the garage I would like a manual override. With Insteon I did this with a micro switch that was controlled by motion and in parallel a standard smart switch that would stay on once selected. I found a manual model for this switch but if I do that 7x24 it basically disables the motion and it seems once you fill up the time on smart control you can not have a parallel rule where I could have a manual option. I also thought about a routine on Alexa but appears smart switches can not be triggers to start routines.

Anyone else have a solution? It seems if Kasa would allow parallel rules under Smart Control it would allow for both manual in motion in parallel in the same switch but that likely has other complications.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Motion Switch - manual override?
2023-01-14 19:10:42 - last edited 2023-02-01 06:53:24

@mikehawn  Would like to know how to do that too

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.