Kasa Camera KC200 not working on Google Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-18 13:41:36 - last edited 2022-07-19 01:09:30
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.11

Hi, My KC 200 cameras work fine on my Kasa IOS app but they will not work on Google Home. I have set them up as per instrcutions but get an error: The video steam can't be viewed here. If you have a smart display or Chomrecast, you can ask the assistant to stream it there"

Can you suggest?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Camera KC200 not working on Google Home
2022-07-19 03:48:30 - last edited 2022-07-19 03:49:54

Hello   @Dave_UK 

Thank you for the feedback, The message simply means a Google smart display like Google hub (with screen) or Chromecast etc. is required to stream the camera through Google. The google app helps to link google  and tplink device under tp-link  account so you can cast video to Google smart display, while the Google app itself can not access the live feed of the camera. Only Kasa APP does. 

If you have a Google smart display like Chromecast, try voice command like below to cast live feed, example ' "Hey Google, Cast My Outdoor Camera on the Bedroom TV'

How to control Smart Devices by Google Home with voice commands

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 1