Votes

Tapo app iPhone, to get sounding alarm instead of silent notification.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-18 14:34:18 - last edited 2022-09-20 07:53:22

Hi,

I just bought a smart camera for test (am planning to by more and replace my current alarm system with Tapo-things if the test is successful). Looks like things are working... However, when motion is detected, I simply get a notification to my phone.

When I'm away and sound asleep in the middle of the night, and someone breaks into my house, I want my phone to set off all possible alarms and vibrations to wake me up! So that I can call the police immediately. I don't want to see the notification hours afterwards when I wake up.

In the best of worlds, this alarm should override the "Do not disturb"-mode, and make the highest possible alarm anyway - just like the alarm clock works.

Can this be setup?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo app iPhone, to get sounding alarm instead of silent notification.
2022-09-19 01:11:30 - last edited 2022-09-20 07:53:22

@Krillegeddon 

May I know did you tried out the camera Alarm feature and see if that works for you. 

The camera Alarm sound comes from the camera side. With Camera Alarm enabled, the Alarm on the camera will go off when there the event is triggered. 

Tapo APP ->below camera  Live view page-> Alarm> toggle it ON, and it should show ' Alarm ON' 

Btw, the Notification sound is what you've set up for on the phone, depending on the phone settings. The Tapo APP uses the default notification sound unless you customize the alert or notification sound to an Alarm,

Options
2022-09-19 09:40:04 - last edited 2022-09-20 07:53:22

@Solla-topee, well the alarm on the camera works, but I don't understand why I should use that. It would only let the burglar know where the camera is. I want him to be chill while I call the cops on him.

I get notifications all day and night, so I cannot set the fog horn signal on notifications. I would simply just want the Tapo app to work like the alarm clock app - to make my phone sound a lot regardless if my phone is muted or not, or even in "Do not disturb"-mode.

Options
2022-09-20 07:56:28

@Krillegeddon 

Thank you for the reply, I understand better now with your request. Not sure very sure if this trigger Phone Alarm feature is feasible, we'd record your feedback first for further evaluation.We'd move your request to the feature request so users who likes this idea can comment and vote for it later. 

Options
2022-09-20 13:16:39

@Solla-topee, okay, I'll keep my fingers crossed then. This is actually a dealbreaker for me to cancel my current alarm system and replace it with cameras from Tapo.

Today, my alarm is monitored by a company. They will call me up whenever something happens. If they see burglars then they'll call the cops.

However, if I can simply get the Tapo app to wake me up, I can check the cameras and call the cops myself - and save $80 every month!

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 318

Replies: 4

Voters 2