Remove Old devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remove Old devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Remove Old devices
Remove Old devices
2022-09-28 11:47:18
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 build 20220525 Rel. 48298

We use Deco M5 as main deco and added 3 other M5's and 3 E4's in our Hotel with 11 rooms. Every week we have new guests so also new devices.I noticed that a list of online and offline devices are visible in the Deco App. But also 'online' devices that are not here anymore. I think this is strange but I am also worried that at a certain time we reach the maximum number of devices.

Question 1: this maximum of 100 devices is about only connected devices (also teh online ones that aren't there anymore)?

Question 2: how can I remove old devices to clean up the system, or is this not possible or necessary? 

Question 3: what advise could you give me to handle multiple users/devices over the time?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Remove Old devices
2022-09-28 14:09:17

@ZestforLife 

It is my understanding that anything connected to Deco Guest Network will not be placed in offline devices list when it disconnects. Check that: enable Guest Network in Deco app, password protect it (it starts without password by default) and have new visitor devices connect to Guest Network only. If your visitors already know your Main Network SSID/password, change Main Network SSID and password to something different, and assign its current SSID/password to Guest Network. Visitors will seamlessly reconnect to Guest Network.

If that works as I expect, you'll only need to do one time manual cleanup of the list of offline devices you have in Deco app now.

Options
Re:Remove Old devices
2022-10-10 07:22:55

@ZestforLife 

Hi, Thank you very much for your attention.

I accidentally came across this post and the latest Deco APP 3.0 has added the feature to clear all offline devices.

If you are interested, please refer to this link:

Deco APP 3.0

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 2

Related Articles