Tapo Bulb Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo Bulb Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo Bulb Offline
Tapo Bulb Offline
2022-11-12 19:32:23
Model: Tapo L530E  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 .2

I have Tapo bulbs installed in all the rooms in. My house and works perfect as I use the app to turn on and off all the lights , I never use the switch on the wall 

My problem is that for work I am often away for a few months at a time so some family members use my house from time to time 

They won’t use the app so just use the wall switches for turning on and off the lights. 

By doing so it takes the bulbs off line so then I can’t control them from the app. 

Does anyone know a solution to this in that the wall switch can be used and it won’t effect the app or take the. Bulbs off line ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo Bulb Offline
2022-11-24 19:06:08

@VinnyIreland1 
Yes the same is happening for me. I've got a few 2-Gang 1-Way S220 light switches installed. The kids use them because they don't have the app. But like you say, the problem is the light switches cut the power to the light bulbs and so the bulbs go off line. For me in this case it would be better if the smart switch control the light bulb so the system always sees it and doesn't make it go off line.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 893

Replies: 1

Related Articles