Votes

Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression

Votes

Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression

57 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression
2023-08-11 08:17:06

I have 2 of these cameras.  They are extremely disappointing.  I was lured by the promise of 2k resolution video.

Options
RE:Tapo C320WS - Option for Video quality /compression
2023-08-11 08:17:50

@Keno58 This is also true in my case. Extremely disappointing, as we're using the camera to monitor a hotspot where people illegally dump trash. Hard to trace who they are when their faces look like mashed-up pixels.

Keno58 wrote

Image is currently over pixelated. Need option for lower compression for those with sufficient network bandwidth and storage. Faces barely recognisable.

Options
2023-08-11 09:13:36

Solla-topee wrote

Hi everyone, 
Thank you very much for your votes and comments on this thread. We certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature requests here, and we'll make sure to log these feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate and continuously improve our products and deliver the best performance possible. 

For better image/video quality, here are some tips for a try.
1) Make sure the camera's firmware and Tapo app are up to date.
2) Adjust the Video Quality option on the Camera Settings page of the Tapo Cam on the Tapo app, higher quality video looks better.
3) Adjust the location and direction of the camera based on the actual environment for better image/video quality.

It's recommended to contact TP-Link technical support with the following information for further analysis if there is a problem with the image/video quality.
1. The model number and MAC address of the Tapo Cam.
2. The Video Quality settings configured on the Tapo Cam.
3. The picture or video that shows the image/video quality issue.

Best Regards

@Manoy_Em As the suggestions listed, if the image/video quality has a problem, you may contact technical support via hotline or email for further help.

Options
2023-08-24 16:48:39

@Solla-topee your suggestions do not help the issue with heavy video compression artifacts. 

Options
2023-08-30 22:15:56
I am also very disappointed by the bitrate. They are not gonna improve it anytime soon as it seems. Does anybody know some camera from other brands with high bitrate?
Options
2023-09-07 08:25:48
also needed for c225. the compression/bitrate is aweful.
Options
2023-09-14 23:17:12
I can't recommend Tapo cameras to other people or buy any more until this issue is fixed.
Options
2023-09-14 23:17:42

I can't recommend Tapo cameras to anyone else or buy more for myself until this issue is fixed.

Options
2023-09-21 09:33:04

Recently bought a few Tapo (c320ws) cameras myself and considering returning them, lots of compression artifacts even with the highest quality setting. Not sure why the bitrate isn't configurable by the user for those with the bandwidth.

Options
2023-09-23 19:24:29

Same here, a lot of pixels, and for some reason camera keeps turning to 720p from 2k... This is crazy. I guess it happened after some last update, as previously 2k was 2k always. So that makes the image quality so low, that the cam is really useless.

Options

Voters 69

+ 65 Voters

Tags

VideoQuality