Tapo smart bulb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo smart bulb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo smart bulb
Tapo smart bulb
2022-11-25 18:21:55
Model: Tapo L510B  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.11. 23

I've just bought 4x1 and 1x1 Tapo L510b smart bulbs I have set up 4 of the 5 successfully. But 1 of them lit up and flashed 3 times but refused to pair now it's not possible to even turn it on. I have tried the reset on/off 5 times and it's still the same. 

Does anyone have any ideas to resolve this or is it most likely to be just faulty. 

Thank you 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo smart bulb
2022-11-28 09:18:52

@Hugh630 

Sounds like you have a duff one, I'd send it back.

May I ask you a question?  I have bought a similar bulb and I find that it omits a high pitched noise I can hear up to 10 feet away, even when the bulb is off.  This makes using it in a bedroom or close by a complete non-starter.  I'm just about to return it.  Do any of yours make such a high pitched noise?

Options
Re:Tapo smart bulb
2022-11-28 10:10:16

@Tim_K 

Hi Tim 

No I have 5 and just 1 is faulty I did email tp-link support and they were pretty helpful. But as I picked up a faulty and a good bulb I realised  they were different weights faulty was 48g good was 71g so I emailed support as I'm pretty sure the WiFi element must have been left out during manufacture. 

Best regards

Hugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 2

Related Articles