Riddle Me This Conondrum

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Riddle Me This Conondrum

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Riddle Me This Conondrum
Riddle Me This Conondrum
2022-11-28 07:36:53 - last edited 2023-01-03 15:39:04
Tags: #Guest WiFi
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20220520 rel.75663(4A50)

I have this weird issue with my guest enabled WiFi access. My WiFi guest network is enabled with its own SSID, password, and encryption separate from my main WiFi. My main WiFi also has completely different settings from my guest WiFi. The issue that I am having is that when I try to connect a device to my main WiFi using my my main WiFi own SSID and password it automatically connects my device to the guest Wi-Fi even though the password and SSID are different in my guess WiFi. I have no idea what is going one. How can I keep automatically signing in into my guest WiFi even though I was trying to sign into my main Wi-Fi? What is the purpose of assigning a password and its own SSID to a guest WiFi if it automatically will use the main WiFi password and SSID to log you into the guest WiFi? Mind these are new devices that I was trying to connect to my main WiFi. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Riddle Me This Conondrum
2022-12-01 20:17:18 - last edited 2022-12-01 20:22:08

@Sammy2023 

This really sounds weird. Try to forget Guest Wi-Fi SSID on the devices in question and then connect to your main Wi-Fi SSID with its password.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Riddle Me This Conondrum
2022-12-02 02:41:35 - last edited 2023-01-03 15:39:04

@Sammy2023 

Just follow up, except forgetting the guest network on the device as suggested by terziyski, can I know what are the devices that you are trying to connect to the main network, but they connect to the guest instead? Does this happen on a specific device, or this happens on all devices in your network?

What is the device and how about its system or OS version?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 2

Tags

Guest WiFi
Related Articles