L510B making a high pitched noise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 09:27:23 - last edited 2022-11-30 05:49:05
Tags: #Noise
Model: Tapo L510B  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, I've bought a L510B and it omits a high pitched sound which is audible up to 10 feet away.  The sound is present even when the bulb is off so I guess it is related to the wifi components.  I'm just about to return it as its unusable, I certainly couldn't use it in a bedroom and even in the front room it is distracting.

Just wondering if this is a faulty unit or whether they all do this?  I got it from amazon (£6.99 currently) and there's 3 reviews out of a few thousand that mention the high pitched noise.

It sounds like coil whine to me.  Noise is at approx 6600hz:

Options
1 Reply
Re:L510B making a high pitched noise
2022-11-30 06:33:55

@Tim_K 

Good day. Thank you for your feedback about the Tapo L510B. There is no known noise issue for this model. The device you have should be a faulty unit, please contact the retailer or the local TP-Link support to exchange it. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 695

Replies: 1

Tags

Noise
Related Articles