Mind of its own

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mind of its own

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mind of its own
Mind of its own
2022-11-30 20:26:15

Not sure where else to post this so trying here,I have a tapo l920 light strip,all was fine for over a year,but now it comes on and off by itself! Firmware is the latest,tried various power leads etc,no difference,it is now driving me mad

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mind of its own
2022-12-01 09:11:52

Hi  @Harleygjc 

Thank you for reaching us on TP-Link community. Could you provide more detailed information about this problem? Is it a random single ON or OFF? Or it turns ON and OFF randomly?

Did you create any schedule or smart action for the light strip? If you have other smart home devices, like Alexa or Google home, please check if there is any setting that might trigger the action of the Tapo light strip?

Smart action feature

Schedule

You can try to factory reset the Tapo L920 and don't configure it to the internet yet, then test if this problem still happens. How to Reset Tapo Light Strip

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Mind of its own
2022-12-01 16:13:29

@Wayne-TP 

it's totally random,not set up any schedules,it does connect to my alexa echo but nothing set on there to turn on/off,it can tunr on/off by iteself severl times a minute or every few minutes, changes colour etc, if I turn it off via the mobile it just comes back on, I have done various resets, was working fine for about a year, then a few weeks back this started,I left it unpowered for a week,reconnected it and it worked fine for about two weeks,then started playing up again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 2

Related Articles