Votes

P110 smart plug low power consumption threshold to turn off

Votes

P110 smart plug low power consumption threshold to turn off

49 Reply
Re:P110 smart plug low power consumption threshold to turn off
2024-06-11 13:06:21

In reality, if they don't do it it's because it greatly reduces the lifespan of the smart plug. In fact, I myself programmed a Raspberry Pi to automate this shutdown when consumption drops below a threshold, and I have already returned two plug for after-sales service.
The reliability of these smart plug is not very good, and this reduces their lifespan to just under two years.

As long as the components used are not of much better quality, they will not integrate such functionality into their connected socket.

Options
RE:P110 smart plug low power consumption threshold to turn off
2024-07-17 13:53:00
Ability to set a certain amount of time at a minimum power threshold triggering powering off the plug.
Options
2024-07-27 19:40:44
I have a pump controlled by tapo socket with energy meter. The function of low treshold may save pump wheh the valve is closed or air got into pipe. This would be great. Hi power treshold is relatively useless for pumps.
Options
2024-07-29 19:55:58 - last edited 2024-07-29 19:58:30

Latest firmware 1.3.1 added this (I have P115, can't tell, if P110 have same firmware). First test and ... it works.

Options
2024-08-21 06:25:01

@SofianeLasri I was wrong, we got it. :)

Options
3 weeks ago
For my Two wheeler EV, I need to cutoff the charger when it comes under 480w power consumption, Which is not possible right now with Tapo Smart Plug. Only Upper threshold Auto switch off option there. I need Lower threshold Auto switch off. Lower threshold now there in the Beta Charge protection only for under 20w devices.
Options
a week ago
I would like the option to be notified when the power usage drops, e.g. when the washing machine is finished or the dehumidifier is full.
Options
a week ago

@Saifuekm with the latest update it is now possible my initial request is now a reality !

Options
a week ago

@Chris91 with this update what you want to look at is charge guard and it gives the option to receive notifications when it switches off 

Options

Voters 62

+ 58 Voters