List view Kasa devices by MAC, IP and sort by Model, install date - allow renaming through list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

List view Kasa devices by MAC, IP and sort by Model, install date - allow renaming through list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-20 07:17:53

Request ability to list Kasa devices and show MAC and IP of all devices on one list.   Also the option to rename devices on the same list.

This is very helpful especially for loyal customers who have replaced all or most of their bulbs, switches and  outlets with Kasa devices.   In addition to organizing Kasa devices within the Kasa app, I also like to organize connected to my Router.  I rename the TPLINK / Kasa devices within my router to match the naming scheme I use in the Kasa App.  My router displays devices by MAC and or IP address.   This is currently cumbersome as I have to drill down inside each device in the Kasa app to confirm / Match the Mac address

Options
2 Reply
Re:List view Kasa devices by MAC, IP and sort by Model, install date - allow renaming through list
2022-12-26 02:21:55

@LearnTO 

Did you try some app like Wifi analyzr to be able to see MAC or IP of smart devices?

Options
Re:List view Kasa devices by MAC, IP and sort by Model, install date - allow renaming through list
2022-12-26 07:01:07

Little_C wrote

@LearnTO 

Did you try some app like Wifi analyzr to be able to see MAC or IP of smart devices?

@Little_C 

Sorry if I wasn't more clear.  I am requesting a list view or better yet, export to CSV of the Kasa devices linked to one's account or Kasa app.   The reason for this is so I could use the list to quickly update the names of the Kasa devices from my router's object which shows a whole bunch of generic Kasa or KP200, or TPLink network devices.   My router has an IP / MAC address view where I could rename objects.   However, it is a bit of a chore to navigate through the Kasa app to cross reference and figure which is the correct device and match up the names.

It would actually be a great selling point for TPLink routers if their routers can sync the names of their smart home devices within their own Routers... Maybe it already can do this... I've never had the pleasure of owning a TPLink router yet.

Options