Tapo bulb not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo bulb not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo bulb not working
Tapo bulb not working
2023-01-13 06:58:40

Bulb wouldn't turn on with Google home or tapo app. If I unscrew it andnscrew it back in it flashes in different colours for a second then refuses to respond.

I've tried soft reset (on off 3 times) and factory reset but neither do anything.

It's not showing up on the WiFi list.

Tried it in a different lamp but get the same.

Purchased via Amazon in Oct 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo bulb not working
2023-01-13 08:46:09

It's now on but not responding to tapo app or Google home app. Turing it off and on causes it to strobe very rapidly.

Options
2023-01-19 04:05:23

My Tapo smart bulb won't pair, get stuck on pairing screen. Blanked out part of 1st image is my WiFi network. Any help?

Options
2023-01-20 07:40:25

I was on the right one. Made sure the bulb is blinking before attempting to connecting and during. Tried messing with my firewall, but was unclear if/how that was needed.

One thing that seems odd is that a bit into pairing the light stops flashing, but it never connects (only with manual attempt). After putting an hour into this, I'm close to giving a 1 star review and buying a better brand, 

Options
2023-01-20 10:58:15

@BrusterThemakd we gave up trying to get it to work, threw it away in the recycling and bought a lepro bulb instead. All our other smart bulbs are lepro and never had any problems. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 893

Replies: 4

Related Articles