Is Tapo S220 compatible with neutral?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 03:59:28

Considering the Tapo S220 smart light switch as a replacement for my current Sonoff switch, which has become too unreliable to use. The wiring in my renovated house includes neutral, and while the S220 doesn't require it, I'm curious if it's still compatible with it. If it's not, what should I do with the neutral wire to ensure that the S220 works with my current setup?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is Tapo S220 compatible with neutral?
2023-02-17 01:25:42

@MohinSonanda 

Good day, thank you for posting. Tapo S220 uses the battery (Two AAA /LR03 batteries) for power supply so the neutral wire is not required. You can connect a wire cap to your neutral wire when installing the Tapo S220. 

Here is the installation guide and video, FYI. 

How to install Tapo 2 Gang 1 Way Smart Light Switch

Video: How to Set Up and Install Your Tapo Smart Light Switch (2 Gang 1 Way): Tapo S220

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 1