TP-Link Tapo smart devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 07:30:39

Can you recommend an Android app that can effectively integrate my TP-Link Tapo smart devices, including bulbs and plugs, into a single platform?

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-Link Tapo smart devices
2023-02-17 10:53:51

@JaramKamesgot 

Thank you for the inquiry. There is a new technology Matter that allows users to control smart home devices within different brands/manufacturers with different APPs. TP-Link first Matter device Tapo P125M plug is now also available in the United States. 

Stay with us and expect more with TP-Link's new arrivals!

TP-Link Matter

What Exactly is Matter?

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-02-21 04:28:29

In my case , I just bought the smart plug hence it is not already set up. I therefore chose "set up new device" instead, it leads to the screen in the OP with only two devices that can be selected, and if I choose "other plugs" it throws straight away an error saying "no  Google assistance devices found"

Options
2023-02-21 08:00:43

@JaramKamesgot 

What's the model of your Tapo product? Are you doing the configuration in the Google home app?

If it is the P125M, you can refer to this instruction to set up the device. Matter Setup Guides for Alexa, Google and Apple

If it is other Tapo plugs, they cannot be configured in the Google home app directly, the device needs to be configured in the Tapo APP first, then link it with Google home. 

How to set up Tapo smart plug

How to connect my Tapo device (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) to Google Home

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-04-25 02:33:08
Options
2023-04-25 02:34:10
Options
2023-04-25 02:43:11
Options