Deco PX50 - Powerline or Ethernet for backhaul?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco PX50 - Powerline or Ethernet for backhaul?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Deco PX50 - Powerline or Ethernet for backhaul?
2023-05-11 09:21:04

@MotoMoto8 

Hi,

I have all three of my PX50 connected via Ethernet to the same network as my main broadband router.

Note that I have not wired my router directly to the PX50 - I have a cheap gigabit switch that the router and two of the PX50s are connected to. One of the PX50 is actually wired to the back of the primary PX50 (I had an existing outdoor ethernet cable going in and out of the walls).

If I disconnect the ethernet cable from one of the PX50 - it takes a few moments and then reconnects to the network via the Powerline.

Options
2023-05-11 09:24:07
Correction to my latest post... Even though my 3rd PX50 (in the loft) is connected to the ethernet cable, I just checked the Deco app and it is showing that this 3rd PX50 is connected via Wifi and PLC. Perhaps my ethernet cable run to the loft has been damaged?? I will need to check this weekend.
Options
2023-05-11 11:31:15 - last edited 2023-05-12 06:43:34

Thanks for this info. So it appears that my use case requirements can work then. I'm replacing a setup where there is a ethernet cable between 2 routers with the 2 new mesh units and the third one goes into an annex but I am not sure if the wifi coverage will reach it so the PLC capability should help. The old setup is super old so I think the wifi coverage will be improved even with just 1 node

Options
2023-05-29 17:29:47

@Philbert 

I have several PG2400P powerline kits around my house and they work very well. Having just taken delivery of the Deco PX50 I can confirm that despite them both using the G.hn powerline standard they do not talk to each other and these does not seem to be a way to create a single powerline network using the two systems.

I can also confirm that the two systems interfere with each other terribly, so much so that my PG2400P network becomes unusable with the Deco PX50 system installed. I have had to remove my Deco PX50 units and will be returning them.

Options
2023-07-21 10:39:00

The powerline feature on my PX50 mesh doesn't work, it only connects via WIFI no matter where I plug in or place the units even on the same outlet they only connect via wifi.

Options
Related Articles