Delay in triggering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Delay in triggering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Delay in triggering
Delay in triggering
2023-03-24 06:39:59

Hi,

I have Tapo light bulb, motion sensor, Tapo button and contact sensor as well as smart Tapo switches.

I set up so automation for the light/switches.

I noticed that when triggered (motion sensor, Tapo button and contact sensor) there is a delay of around 2-3 seconds before light is coming on.

Is that normal, I though it would be almost immediate like when you use the switch? Is it an issue with the wifi?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Delay in triggering
2023-03-27 06:15:10

@Pingouinos 

Thank you for the feedback. Can you check if this issue exists when you control the devices with Tapo APP directly under the local network (same wifi as the Tapo devices)?

The smart action is a cloud service, if there is any data-packet loss under local environment, it will affect the remote control (in your case, the smart action feature). 

You can try to ping the IP address of the Tapo switches and light bulb with a PC under local network, see if there is any Ping loss. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 863

Replies: 1

Related Articles