Save Videos on FTP Server / SMB share
Save Videos on FTP Server / SMB share
2023-03-31 14:07:24 - last edited 2023-12-12 08:12:45
Tags: #ONVIF/RTSP #FTP
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Many users have a Fritzbox Router or another router model that provides a simple FTP Server or SMB share functionality.
You can simply plugin a USB stick into our router and use it as NAS via FTP or SMB.

Unfortunately the TAPO C320WS does not provide a feature for saving the videos on an FTP server or an SMB share.

Would be great to have that feature. It would save money and energy because I would not have to by a dedicated NAS to store the recordings in my network.

Any solution would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Options
14 Reply
RE:Save Videos on FTP Server / SMB share
2023-03-31 14:07:41
Would be great to have that!
Options
2023-12-12 10:20:52
waiting for this feature
Options
Re:Save Videos on FTP Server / SMB share
2024-01-02 07:09:36

@Grevel 

Hi Yes would be great. SD recording is of no use to is crooks if the camera is stolen

Steggs

Options
2024-01-11 10:14:01

@Grevel 

I'm waiting for this feature.

Options
2024-01-21 19:05:57

@Grevel 
I would be happy to have this feature as I have Tp-Link Archer C6U router with built-in FTP server feature.

Options
2024-01-22 09:58:09
Would be a helpful feature.
Options
2024-01-27 16:33:19
Many cheaper lower quality cameras have the ability to ftp videos and STILLS via FTP. Many of us would love to have a feature that uploads a still image at user selectable periods to create time lapse videos for construction projects, weather etc. You could really open your camera up to different markets by doing this and increase your sales.
Options
2024-02-27 00:17:48

@Grevel 

Hi,

I'd also like the ability to configure my C340i to upload video footage via FTP to a server of my choice.  The camera does a great job with uploading images when the various detection methods are triggered, however the associated video footage would be more use. 

This is a feature I already have with my ReoLink 8MP cameras (which are now getting a bit old) so it should be feasible for a more modern camera to do this.

It would also be useful as the C340i does not have any inbuilt storage and does not have a slot to insert a micro-SD card.

Can you have someone look into adding this feature to the C340i (and elated models) ?

Thanks,

Sean

Options
2024-03-28 22:07:46

@Grevel 

Hi, 

Bought two C520WS last week and the plan was to have the NAS as storage with onvif/rtsp method but that was the first disappointment,  my QNAP finds the cameras but gives some error and can't make it work. I thought then to use FTP method, and that was the second disappointment. 

Would be highly appreciated and welcome to have FTP added to the tapo cameras protocols. Would be also very much appreciated if you could share if this is under Tapo consideration or if only with dozens of posts in this forum would trigger Tapo willingness to make it happen.  

My plan is to buy few more of these cameras, but without the possibility to store in my own storage I will have to reconsider .

M&M

Options
2024-04-01 15:02:16

I bought a tapo c220 camera for my mum thinking that I could use the FTP service on her router to save the camera streams, like I do it with an old homeguard ipcam i have in my garage.

But unfortunately I found out that tapo cameras don't have this feature. Will be greatly appreciated if that could be integrated with the next updates.

Options

Information

Helpful: 15

Views: 1104

Replies: 14

Voters 15

+ 11 Voters

Tags