X50-4g lose connection after 2-3 days

2023-05-06 15:42:43
Model: Deco X50-4G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My deco x50-4g lose connection after a couple of days on the 4g band. Works again after a restart but only a few days again. Just updated the firmware but it's still the same.

Options
8 Reply
Re:X50-4g lose connection after 2-3 days
2023-05-08 03:22:04

@Tommylun89 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Would Deco X50-4G turn red when the internet connection dropped out?

May I know who is your SIM service provider?

And how often would you notice a disconnection?

if possible, Could you please save some screenshots of the following page when the internet is working well and lost and send them to support.forum@tp-link.com:

thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-10-11 14:16:15

Hi!

This happens to me also with the X50-4g, after 2-3 days it loses the internet connection with a solid red light. It is so annoying because you can´t restart it from distance (can´t connected to it) so you need to be onsite to restart the device to make it work again. I have the X50-4g at the summerhouse 60 kilometers away from home and it is providing all the smarthome devices (cameras, heating and so on) with internet connection so everything suddenly stops working. I thought maybe the 4g/3g signal was too weak so I switched to the TP-link Archer MR600 (the device I usually have at home) to see if it would have the same problem. The MR600 have worked perfect for one month with zero downtime. It needs to be something wrong with the X-50-4g software?!

I have Telenor in Sweden as an operator.

(I called the store were a bought it, the guy who answered had bought one himself and had the same problem)

Tommylun89 wrote

My deco x50-4g lose connection after a couple of days on the 4g band. Works again after a restart but only a few days again. Just updated the firmware but it's still the same.

Options
2023-10-13 01:50:08

@CharlieMan 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I got your email as well. 

Could you please also refer to this link to help me save some screenshots of the following page when the internet is working well and lost:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/608232?replyId=1205568

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-11-18 21:08:51

@Tommylun89 

same issue - runs for 2 days then red light and needs power recycle

deco x50-4g with latest firmware

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Now I finally catched a screenshot.

My operator is Halebop in Sweden. It seems it says it can't find the simcard. After restarting it ut fu is it automatically naf it works a few days and then not working again.

File:
Screenshot_20240409_141546_Deco.jpgDownload
Options
3 weeks ago

@Tommylun89 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

It seems like either the SIM card slot is not firmly connected or something with the SIM card.

Have you tested with another SIM card on the Deco X50-4G?

You could also put the SIM card into the smartphone to see whether it reported "no service"/ "no sim card" sometimes.

By the way, how long have you had the Deco X50-4G?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Tommylun89 same as I have, I even traded in my x50 4g to the better x50 5g unit (only 4g+ at my cabin).
But getting the same fault as you, simcard not found in both units sometimes. Only thing that works is to restart the unit, the newer 5G is a little bit more stable, mainly because it has better reception. It can also be sheduled to restarted one time pr day.
The old 4g unit was stable for months before getting this fault, so my theory is that a fw update did something.

Options
2 weeks ago
I have tested the simcard in a smart ohone and it works correctly. I have not tested another simcard in the Deco. I've had it for around a year and the problem started after just a few weeks
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 394

Replies: 8

Related Articles