Thoughts on this article?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-18 11:25:25 - last edited 2023-05-19 08:58:19

ArticleI would have posted the link but it wasn't allowed...

Feedback on this @Fae and @Hank21 

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Thoughts on this article?-Solution
2023-05-18 18:04:26 - last edited 2023-05-19 08:58:19

@KimcheeGUN 

Its always better to read a tech doc vs a 3rd party press release

check out research. checkpoint. com    who made the discovery

Its indicated that the compromise is achieved by installing of an infected firmware AND OR use of default passwords.     Provided you have not downloaded a firmware from a 3rd party, or running default admin admin, then its unlikely to be an issue.   In Omada i would HOPE no one is using default passwords...

While not 100% certain about anything, I would say its unlikely to be Omada hardware.  Generally these type of events are on the home grade equipment that is either old and not updated, or not configured correctly.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Thoughts on this article?
2023-05-18 15:28:47

Just an FYI... I didn't post this to be mean.  I'm genuinely concerned.  The article didn't mention any model numbers... but SOHO routers, I would assume, includes Omada.  

Options
Re:Thoughts on this article?-Solution
2023-05-18 18:04:26 - last edited 2023-05-19 08:58:19

@KimcheeGUN 

Its always better to read a tech doc vs a 3rd party press release

check out research. checkpoint. com    who made the discovery

Its indicated that the compromise is achieved by installing of an infected firmware AND OR use of default passwords.     Provided you have not downloaded a firmware from a 3rd party, or running default admin admin, then its unlikely to be an issue.   In Omada i would HOPE no one is using default passwords...

While not 100% certain about anything, I would say its unlikely to be Omada hardware.  Generally these type of events are on the home grade equipment that is either old and not updated, or not configured correctly.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Thoughts on this article?
2023-05-18 20:40:29

@Philbert 

I appreciate you clearing this up dude and I will def check that website out for now on!

Thanks,

Jeff

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 391

Replies: 3

Related Articles