Firmware broke my smart plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-17 00:54:06 - last edited 2023-06-28 18:07:04
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.08

I use this smart plug at my camp to turn off my Starlink internet on days and nights when I need to conserv energy. I have schedules programmed to turn it on in the am and afternoon and I manually turn it off when needed using the app. Everything worked fine since last June of 2022 until I updated the firmware this week.

Currently if I set a schedule for 10 minutes in the future and manually turn off with the app, it seems like it still works. But if I have a schedule for 30 minutes from now, it doesn't work, the plug doesn't turn itself back on. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Firmware broke my smart plugs
2023-06-20 06:54:15

@Simonbr 

Can you specify the schedule you created? Do you mean the second schedule (Turn ON) doesn't work? Or a schedule longer than 30mins doesn't work?

Kasa plug's schedule can still function when the internet or WiFi connection is lost. However, if it has been disconnected from the power, the device time will be messed up and the schedule cannot take effect in time or doesn't work at all. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-21 02:54:38 - last edited 2023-06-28 18:07:04

I was able to fix the problem. I deleted and reinstalled the APP, cahnged time zone to the wrong one and change it back. After this it seems that the schedule now works again.

Options
2023-06-25 09:37:30

@Simonbr 

Glad to hear this news! Thank you for the update. smiley

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-27 15:37:06

ok i spoke too soon, its started doing the same thing again, its like the schedule is not being sent or its not holding the schedule.

Options
2023-07-04 09:42:59

@Simonbr 

Ensure the device time is correct after reinstallation. If the device is running in a local network without Internet access, avoid unplugging the device which may cause malfunction of the schedule feature. 

Please be more specific about the problem you're facing if you need further assistance. Share your schedule settings, the troubleshooting steps you have tried, etc, these will be helpful for us to provide further suggestions. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 5

Related Articles