KP115 Switching off at random

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 00:45:42
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Greetings

I run 5 of these little KP115's and have been for over a year now, Recently 4 have been switching off for a split second, the interruption to power is enough to shutdown my PC and server but short enough the UPS notices but doesn't complain. (you can hear the KP115 click when it happens)

I've reset and re-paired them
I've wiped and reinstalled the kasa app
to test my power, I have two kp115 plugged into the clean side of a UPS and one plugged into the wall with nothing else plugged into them, they all click at random times suggesting they're switching off and its not being caused by a brownout or weird scheduling

the highest draw any of them have seen is 600~w from my desktop computer

This is a little frustrating as I had the previous round type of this plug and they all started doing the same thing which prompted me to replace all of them with the newer square type, i thought maybe the power at the last house caused them to fail however I've been in this new build for a year now and only recently starting having repeat issues.

Am open to suggestions.

Options
1 Reply
Re:KP115 Switching off at random
2023-07-11 05:57:28

@gazzaspins 

Can you check whether the Away mode feature is enabled on those plugs?

Try to factory reset the KP115 again and do not reconfigure them to Kasa APP, monitor whether the issue persists. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 1

Related Articles