Votes

new feature request - weather temperature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-18 12:28:07
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'd like to see local weather temperature as a trigger.

I personally use smart plug to control a fan to keep a server cool.

half of the year due to external elements exposed to this server cooling is not needed.

but when the sun comes out and the room warms it get VERY HOT.

so i'd like to say when the external temp hits over 25 then switch on x device.  when it drops to 24 or below - switch off x device.

smartlife already does this. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:new feature request - weather temperature
2023-07-24 03:03:00

@richyroo 

Thank you for your suggestion. We will pass your feedback to the product team for evaluation. 

You might want to explore the option of acquiring a Tapo temperature sensor, such as the Tapo T310 or T315. These sensors are compatible with the Kasa device when used alongside the latest Tapo 3.0 APP (currently in Beta Test phase). By setting up a smart action rule, you'll gain the ability to conveniently manage the Kasa plug based on temperature fluctuations as the trigger.

To join the Beta Test program for the new Tapo 3.0 APP, simply follow this link. Join the Program Here

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 136

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.